Revised Script of Stair Scene

SCENE1

Car is turned off keys land on dashboard, NOAH dials "Mia lil sis" and calls her.

 NOAH: (voicemail) Hey Mia, i'm here to pick you up, i'm in the north lot.

More voice mails play over lapping each other, gets faster and more stressful but it suddenly stops. NOAH breathes sharply. He starts texting her. " Hey i'm here" "In the north lot" " C'mon" " dude" . NOAH calls her one more time, leaving one last message,

 NOAH: " Moms gonna kill you if you miss your first therapist appointment, you know what, whatever i'm coming to get you "

Noah wonders the school looking for his sister. he finds her walking the track and reflecting.

NOAH: Mia!

 MIA looks his way and sadly walks towards him. He hugs her, she doesn't hug back.

NOAH: We have to go, why are you out here?

MIA: Well, I've been skipping school and walking the track ever since he cheated on me, to reflect, think of things I did wrong, or how to make myself better.

NOAH: You didn't do anything wrong he's not good enough for you.

MIA: Then why did he cheat on me? 

NOAH: He's a teenage boy they do stupid things and i'm sorry, but right now we need to get you to the therapist before....

MIA: ( almost insane)No! I don't want to go I don't need it, sometimes people just need to be sad. (long pause, hesitating) You know what, yea ill go, I mean its just sitting in a room for an hour while an adult who doesn't know anything tries to grill me with questions. So fine!

NOAH: We just want you to be happier, Mia...

MIA:  Yeah I get it, can you just, give this to Colten,  I think he has football today he should be in the locker room. (mockingly) He's probably with Hailee.

NOAH: (fed up with drama) OK then , he's in the locker room right? I'll go see. (turns to run)

MIA: No stop (grabs his arm) actually can you? I have to give him a note but I don't think I can do it.

NOAH: yes of course, then can we go? (MIA nods awkwardly, giving him the ) OK what does it say ( tries to unfold it but is stopped by MIA)

MIA: (Abruptly) well... (lows down a little) ok so it just says like.. um... it like...expresses my feelings... yeah.

NOAH: ok just give it to me we have to go , stay right here( They walk separate directions, NOAH checks note, looks back at MIA and angrily runs)


END SCENE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Feedback

Use of Conventions and Social Groups

Distribution Research- La La Land