Casting
For casting, I used my friends in the school theater program. We composed long lists of people for the fight scene, a group of girls for the bleacher scene, and even changed the character of Colton twice. The guys we recruited for the fight scene were all occupied after school that day. We filmed the bleacher scene during school so the girls we had for that scene didn't know we were filming. On the way to the field I grabbed my friend Ainsley to play the part of Maggie. We had Marin Mclean lined up to play Mia from the beginning. Andrew Sapienza was a perfect fit for her brother, Noah. They are already friends so they have the fun loving chemistry that most siblings have. On the day of filming for the fight scene, Shawn was really busy and had to leave right away, so we had to film all we needed quickly so he could leave. After filming with Shawn, I was skeptical that we actually had enough film to establish the emotion. Luckily Keaton was standing around waiting for Andrew to finish and I asked him if he wanted to try. He said yes and we filmed more than enough. After looking over the film I decided to use the shots with Shawn, he conveyed more emotion and we had just enough film.
Comments
Post a Comment